The 1st annual Wheaton Warmup has been created to bring together dozens of youth teams and to have them enjoy a day of competitive Lacrosse in Wheaton, IL! This event is meant to support the huge growth of youth Lacrosse all around Illinois and surrounding states. The Wheaton Warmup is a "Play Day with a festival like setting." There are no playoffs or champions crowned on this day. This day is about competing on the field early in the Spring season and getting a good feel for where your team is at as you try to peak by the end of May.
The 2019 Wheaton Warmup Lacrosse Tournament will be on April 27th at Graf Park in Wheaton, IL. Boys Lacrosse Teams from U10 through U14 are eligible. Varsity and JV HS Club teams are now eligible as well!
Email Andy@newwavelax.com if you'd like to reserve a spot.
Majors and Minors
U14 A DIVISION
U12 A DIVISION
U14 B/C DIVISION
U12 B/C DIVISION
U10 A DIVISION
U10 B/C DIVISION
|Birthdates must be between 9/1/04 - 8/31/06 (no high school players allowed in this division)||U14|
|Birthdates must be between 9/1/06 - 8/31/08||U12|
|Birthdates must be between 9/1/08 - 8/31/10||
|Club High School Teams playing at the Varsity Level||
Varsity HS Club
|Club High School Teams playing at the JV Level||
JV HS Club
All waivers and rosters need to be submitted online by coaches after registering. Coaches can use this link to get to the roster submission. Rosters and waivers are due by 4/22.
Waiver: Will be sent by coaches to players after roster submission.
Directions for Coaches to Invite Players to Complete the Waiver/Join their Roster
1. Login to your account: Login Button
2. From your dashboard, click “invite players” under the team you are managing.
3. Copy & Paste from Excel or manually enter the email addresses of your players’ parents in the ‘To:’ box. It’s easiest to copy and paste your team’s email list into this box.
4. Edit the emails subject line or add a custom message to your parents.
5. Click the ‘Invite’ button to send.
6. You can track the emails you’ve sent in the ‘Pending Invites’ tab as well as see who has completed their waiver by viewing your roster.
There are over 30 teams committed as of Feb 18th! We will max out with 40 teams this year.
We have 7 divisions that will be running. This will allow us to find the best possible matchups based off of age and skill level/experience.
Teams will get 2 games that are 2-22 minute halves.
1 Turf field and 3 grass fields will be going all day long.
Teams registered so far are from Wheaton, Naperville, Park Ridge, Downers Grove, Beverly, Plainfield, and Oswego are already committed to this event.
Concession stand will be open all day.
Lacrosse Vendors will be on site.
Athletic trainer will be on site on all day.
All Major/U14 and Minor/U12 divisions play full field 10 vs 10. All Junior/U10 divisions play short field 7 vs 7. (2 attack, 2 mids, 2 defense, 1 goalie)
See the game rules here
TOURNAMENT CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Although it is our intent to complete every tournament, on occasion situations arise which are 100% out of our which may cause an event to be canceled and /or delayed. Some of these situations are, but not limited to, weather, acts of god, venue operator decisions and field conditions.
In the event a tournament must be cancelled by the tournament host, the refund policy is as follows:
· Cancelled two (2) weeks or longer prior to the scheduled start of the tournament. Full refund less $25.00 administration fee.
· Cancelled between one (1) week and 72 hours prior to the scheduled start of the tournament. Refund will be 75% of tournament fees paid.
· Cancelled between 72 hours and 48 hours prior to the scheduled start of the tournament. Refund will be 50% of the tournament fees paid.
· Cancelled between 48 hours and 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the tournament. Refund will be 25% of the tournament fees paid.
· Cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled start of the tournament: NO REFUNDS.
Once the first game of the tournament has begun (first whistle rule) no refunds of any kind will be issued.
In the event a participating team pulls out of the tournament more than two weeks before the scheduled tournament date, a full refund will be issued less $25.00 administration fee.
In the event a participating team pulls out of the tournament less than two weeks before the scheduled tournament date, a full forfeiture of tournament fees will apply.